Saturday, February 15, 2014

Others' Offerings

This section is an area where I will provide links to the sites or works of others. Since I have a whole section dedicated to music, I will not put bands or musicians here.

http://kisotchka.deviantart.com/
This is the DA profile of my dearest friend. Mélissa and I met on a music message board four and a half years ago. In that time, she has seen the innermost depths of my psyche. Candor is not a trait I lack, but no one has experienced it with the frequency and depth of emotion that she has. I deeply admire her artistic mind; her writing and her art just have an expressiveness that I could only dream of possessing. All this, and English is not even her first language!

http://inf3kted.blogspot.com/
Inf3kted is the fashion blog of the Industrial musician Raivyn. I first checked out the blog as a link from her music blog, and now I am a regular visitor. While I may never get any use from many of the fashion critiques personally, it's the writing and attitude of K that brings me back to the page. Her ambition, honesty, and her wonderfully refreshing outlook all make me hold her in very high esteem, despite having limited interaction with her over the past several years. And, while I may not get to utilize many of the fashion tips, I do love both her style and her philosophy about style.

http://www.robinspaldingart.com/
When I grow up, I want to be Robin. While I can admire all sorts of photography, the type I probably appreciate most is more of the creative concept photography. Perhaps it is because it is a type of photography I will never personally be good at. Robin and I only met about five months ago, but I seriously think I am her lost twin, only she stole all the creativity. Because her thoughts, emotions, and interests are very much aligned with my own, it stands to reason I really favor her work.

https://www.facebook.com/chanceinhellproductions
Sam is one of the most talented dudes I know. I see him as a mad scientist of multimedia. Film, sound, directing, producing, writing: you name it, Sam can do it. With his equally talented bride, he and Corina always have about five projects in the works, which really means they have about ten times that number floating around in their endless pool of ideas. I met the two of them after one of their concerts, and a great friendship has ensued ever since. They were kind enough to include me on a number of their projects, including feature film Girl of My Dreams, which is one of the coolest experiences of my life. It's always great to see what they are cooking up next.

http://www.raphaellem.com/
This is only person in this list whom I have never corresponded with. Raphaelle is the keyboardist of one of my favorite bands, NightCreepers, which is how I discovered her photography, and subsequently her other talents. Her repertoire is very impressive, and I think what draws me to her work so much is that her imagery is representative of my dream world. The reality she creates has this wonder and mystique; I love the world of fantasy, and she melds fantasy and reality. It doesn't help the side of me that wants to run away to live in Europe, that's for sure.