Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Favorite Songs by Most Listened to Bands

As is the norm, work is my life right now, by and large, so I write less. I wanted to do this exercise, though. I am going to list the favorite songs of my 15 most listened to bands on Last.fm. This doesn't necessarily mean they are my 15 favorite bands, or the 15 most listened to overall bands, just my 15 most scrobbled bands. If the music played in my car got scrobbled, the list would look somewhat different.

15. Android Lust - Rub Me Raw
14. EKLIPSE - Mumbai - Theme
13. Ignis Fatuu - Spielmann
12. Sabaton - The Art of War
11. Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows - Consider This: The True Meaning of Love
10. Alestorm - Keelhauled
9. Arkona - Zakliatie
8. Violet Stigmata - Venus in Black
7. In Extremo - Liam
6. Korpiklaani - Northern Fall
5. Eluveitie - Bloodstained Ground
4. SML8 - Reflektion
3. Mono Inc. - Get Some Sleep
2. Nightcreepers - Set Sails
1. The Birthday Massacre - Kill the Lights

Some observations:

  • Four of these songs are the first song I ever heard by the band
  • Six of these songs are from the first album of the band I listened to
  • Eleven of the fifteen groups on here have one or more females in the group
  • I have seen eleven of these fifteen groups live
  • Of all these songs, Set Sails is my most scrobbled
  • If I were to guess at which was actually most listened to overall, I  would say it is Kill the Lights, due in part to the fact I have listened to The Birthday Massacre the longest of all these bands.
Has anyone else had the inclination to do this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment